Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Instructor Training Package
Note: this package is only available to certified Baby Signs® Instructors. The Center Certification Package is available to CDCs.
Give your early childhood educators the tools they need to teach sign language to infants and toddlers with the Baby Signs® Early Childhood Educator Instructor Training Program.
Professional training designed to give early childhood educators everything needed to teach the Baby Signs® Program to infants and toddlers in their centers.
One goal of this program is to help child care programs of any size—big or small—begin enjoying the benefits that come from incorporating signing into daily interactions between children and teachers. The other equally important goal is to help family service agencies (such as nonprofit organizations, hospitals, nanny agencies, child care resource and referral services, etc.) learn how to easily incorporate the Baby Signs® Program into their existing early childhood and parenting programs and their community outreach efforts.
The ECE Training is a 3-hour staff training program that upon completion, that certifies the center or organization to become a Baby Signs® Certified Center. The ECE Training is delivered using the Center Certification Package (CCP), a video-based training that enables centers and organizations to train their staffs themselves with or without the help of a Baby Signs® Instructor.
The training lasts approximately 3 hours—with games, songs, and activities liberally sprinkled throughout to keep teachers engaged and excited as they learn.
ECE Training Instructor Package includes:
- Staff Training Guide with step-by-step instructions on how to prepare for and deliver the training.
- Center Certification Training Video with three chapters: (1) “Overview for Facilitators;” (2) “The Early Childhood Educator Training” providing the heart of the training; and (3) “The Baby Signs® Program in Action,” a 3-minute, narrated video of babies using signs.
- Center Certification Training Resources which include the documents needed to conduct the training, complete certification and market the center’s inclusion of the Baby Signs® Program.
- Baby Signs® Program Introduction Video.
- Video Dictionary with 150 of the most frequently used ASL signs and 35 baby-friendly modifications.
- Classroom Resource File with resources to help staff become successful in implementing the Baby Signs® Program in their center. Includes posters, parent newsletters, color time pages, log and song lyrics.
- USB Flash Drive with all files and videos
If you are interested in helping your early childhood educators teach infant sign language to babies and toddlers, the Baby Signs® Early Childhood Educator Instructor Training Program is the perfect solution. Order your program today!